There have been plenty of changes made to the island in Fortnite Season 8 (opens in new tab), though familiar sights that still remain are the Fortnite expedition outposts. These bright red buildings with a distinct white logo on top are great places to visit, as they not only house a generous number of chests but are also guaranteed locations of Fortnite Baller (opens in new tab) vehicles. Thanks to the various map changes, some of the expedition outposts you may have been familiar with from the previous season of Fortnite (opens in new tab) have now upped sticks and moved to the jungle area surrounding the volcano in the northeast of the island, whereas others remain steadfast in their original locations. We’ve updated our guide with all the current locations, which you’ll find below.
Fortnite tips (opens in new tab) | Fortnite Discovery Challenges (opens in new tab) | Fortnite Tier 100 Challenges (opens in new tab) | Fortnite Creative codes (opens in new tab) | Fortnite buried treasure (opens in new tab) | Fortnite Party Assist (opens in new tab) | Fortnite ping system (opens in new tab) | Fortnite map changes (opens in new tab) | How to get free Fortnite V-Bucks (opens in new tab) | Fortnite Season 9 (opens in new tab)
Fortnite expedition outpost locations
- D3: On the mountain northeast of Pleasant Park
- G2-I2: Spread across a wide area north and northwest of Sunny Steps
- J3: On the hill between Sunny Steps and Lonely Lodge
- I5: On the hill west of Lonely Lodge
- A7: On the snowy slopes between Snobby Shores and Frosty Flights
- A8: The Frosty Flights airfield
- B8: On the snowy slopes between Frosty Flights and Polar Peak
- C7: On the hill between Polar Peak and Shifty Shafts
- D8: On the mountain north of Happy Hamlet
The Fortnite expedition outposts were an integral part of the Fortnite Battle Pass Challenges (opens in new tab) in Season 7, with players having to get eliminations at them, visit all of them, and visit a certain number of them in the same match. There hasn’t been any mention of them so far in Season 8, but given they’re prime locations for both ziplines and Ballers, it’s likely that they’ll still be key locations as things progress. Remember where they are, as these upmarket tents and structures could really bail you out if you’re hunting for loot or a way to travel fast.